Textile necklace, tutorial
- 1 fabric scrap: cm 80 x 7 (or 2 scraps measuring cm 41 x 7, simple stitched along the short side)
- 70 cm webbing (or ribbon), height 1,6 cm
- 4 buttons (2 cm diameter, or just under)
- sewing thread and sewing machine
1) Fold in half the short side (right side of fabric must lay internally).
2) Join the layers with some pins, creating a hem (1 cm) on each short side.
3) Sew along the side that has no fold, with 5 mm seam allowance.
4) Turn right sides of fabric out.
5) Machine baste with 5-6 mm stitches, at a distance of 5 mm from the fold, (keep starting and ending tails long). Realize the gathering, pulling the threads, and distribute it over the necklace length.
6) Include the webbing inside each hemmed edge.
7) Secure webbing and gathering with a seam.
8) Position each button at the edge joining the webbing.