Creative recycling, project 3: neckwarmer
- High-necked vest or sweater
- Fabric scissors
- Serger and sewing machine
- A decorative button (or a brooch)
1) Using the scissors, cut your garment horizontally, a little below the armhole line. (Keep aside the upper part for later).
2) Cut away the bottom part, if worn.
3) Fold in half (along the short side), then baste the two layers.
4) Use the serger to create a single layer (to avoid seam waste, do not use the cutting blade). Part 1 is complete.
5) Take the upper part of the garment. Using the scissors cut away the collar.
6) Using the serger, join the raw edge of the collar to the previously finished edge of part 1.
7) Baste and join its second layer too, this time using the sewing machine.
8) Turn out on the right. Create a small crease on the front, then stich in place.
9) Finally, apply a decorative button.